Expectations and Opportunities
Job Description:Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of our aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately
and appropriately to safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains
a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe
- Prepares and maintains appropriate reports.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Attends in-service training sessions.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Ability to pass pre-employment water skills evaluation as stipulated by
- Available to work weekends/holidays
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Leadership role
- Flexible hours
- Good pay
- Great experience/resume builder
- Increased social opportunities
- Future employment references/recommendations
We seek individuals with teaching experience in the following program areas: Parent/child attended infant, toddler and preschool classes, one on one adult and child private instruction, group fitness, coaching and lifeguard instruction. Experience is preferred for all position but not required. We hold ou r instructors to a certain standard and expect them to carry themselves in a manner that is professional and sensitive to others, as we are a diverse university with multicultural ideologies and policies. We expect our employees to be coachable and open to constructive critique; this environment is constantly changing to better fit the needs of our clients.