|Join Today!||WVU Employee or Affiliate||Partner of WVU Participating Employee||Partner of WVU Non-participating Employee||Dependents*|
- A dependent is defined as someone who lives with a member on either a permanent or temporary basis. Our family dependent membership is a flat rate for all dependents.
- There is no charge for dependents under the age of 5.
- *If a dependent choses to enroll with a non-participating WVU Employee or Affiliate, the dependent membership will be charged as $340.00/year. Additional dependents will be $160.00 total.
The following groups are eligible for membership at Campus Recreation
- WVU Students (Includes students, spouses and dependents)
- Students obtain access through University Fees. If a student is not currently paying University Fees, the student is eligible for the semester Non-Fee Paying Student Membership. The membership is valid for the current academic semester. Membership cost $110.00. The current membership term valid from Jan. 1, 2023 - May 14, 2023. Students can purchase this membership at the Student Recreation Center or Downtown Fitness Center.
WVU Faculty/Staff (Includes faculty/staff, spouse/partner and dependents)
- University Affiliate Groups
- WVU Ruby Hospital
- WVU Medical Corporation
- WVU Foundation
- WV Geological Survey
- WVU Research Corporation
- WVU Faculty / Staff Retirees
- SilverSneakers (Participating Facility)
- Check your SilverSneakers eligibility here
Members can enroll in a membership at the Student Recreation Center or Downtown Fitness Center Front Desk during operational hours. Please come prepared with required documentations and have any partners/dependents present at the time of enrollment.
- A WVU student/employee must be present at the time of a spouse/partner’s first membership purchase and must show valid documentation. Examples include a piece of mail or lease with both people’s name on it or driver’s licenses with the same last name. Birth certificates are required for the first purchase of a dependent membership.
- Check, credit card and payroll deduction are all options for payment of membership fees. Checks should be made out to 'WVU Campus Recreation. Please note the Downtown Fitness Center is card only. The Student Recreation Center will be going cashless beginning March 20, 2023.
- Payroll Deduction
- The following groups allow payroll deduction for full-time, benefit eligible employees: West Virginia University, WVU Medical Corporation, WVU Foundation and the WVU Research Corporation.
- Fees will be deducted from 24 consecutive paychecks. The number and amount of deductions will be prorated for employees with less than 12 month positions.
- Payroll deduction is only available for the 12 month and 9 month member duration options.
- WVU Courtesy, WVNET and Adjunct Appointments are not eligible to utilize payroll deduction as a form of payment
New to Campus Recreation? Campus Recreation offers eligible new members the opportunity to try Campus Recreation's facilities, programs, and services for free for a one-month duration prior to buying a membership. Stop by the front desk at the Student Recreation Center to enroll today! This offer is only valid for people who have never been a member before. Any additional costs related to programs and services that a prospective member wants to enroll in will be applied.