This spring, the SRC will offer two American Red Cross Lifeguard Review courses. These courses are intended for currently certified lifeguards with valid certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or those who have not expired by more than 30 days. This recertification option is for currently certified lifeguards to review skills including water rescues, CPR/AED and first aid skills. Individuals who complete the course will receive a two year American Red Cross certificate in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED.
- Provide proof of valid Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Pass the following swim test on the day of class:
- 300-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke
- 2-minute tread using legs only
- Retrieve a 10lb dive weight from 7 ft deep, surface and swim 20 yds with the weight, using legs only and exit the pool without using a ladder within 100 seconds
Location:WVU Student Recreation Center Pool
2001 Recreation Center Drive
Morgantown WV, 26505
Price:$75 WVU Student/Member
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the American Cross Lifeguard Review course.