- West Virginia University ID (Mountaineer Card) or Student Recreation Center ID is required for facility access at all times.
- Students and WVU employees will use their current activated Mountaineer Card for access.
- WVU families will use their Student Recreation Center card: all non-WVU faculty/staff and student ID cards can be issued in the Member Services office at the Student Recreation Center.
- The WVU Student Recreation Center is a controlled access facility. No one is permitted beyond the reception area without a valid student ID, Employee ID, Student Recreation Center card, or sponsored guest pass.
- University-sponsored conference attendees and special event groups are permitted to use the WVU Student Recreation Center. Individuals are required to pay an admission fee, and passes must be secured in advance.
- No one is permitted to use the facility under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times. This includes wearing a shirt and non-marking soled shoes. Swimsuits and swim footwear are limited to the aquatics area.
- Bookbags and other personal items are not permitted in any program area of the facility. Day lockers and locker rooms are available for storage of personal items. Center staff cannot guarantee the security of valuables and are not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is therefore recommended that valuable personal items be left at home.
- Any display of poor conduct, fighting, abusive language, or willful destruction of University property may result in loss of facility use privileges, and, if appropriate, further disciplinary or legal action.
- Individual patrons shall utilize all recreational facilities at their own risk.
- A parent, legal guardian, or other adult must accompany any users under the age of 16 years.
- Animals are prohibited in the facility, unless utilized as a guide or assistant for people with disabilities.
- The WVU Student Recreation Center is a smoke-free facility. Smoking and tobacco use in any form are prohibited.
- No food, drink (except water in a closed container), or chewing gum is permitted beyond the control area of the Student Recreation Center. All food items must be consumed in the lounge area of the free zone.
- Radios with headphones are permitted in the facility; however, other audio/visual media are prohibited unless authorized by Campus Recreation staff.
- Signs may not be posted on any wall in the Student Recreation Center. All postings must have prior approval from administration and then may be posted on general use boards.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, and skateboards are prohibited in all indoor facilities.
- Passing of footballs, kicking soccer balls and throwing Frisbees are prohibited in the Student Recreation Center.
- Weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- If damages occur to the Student Recreation Center equipment or facilities, the responsible party will pay for the cost of the repair.
- Any individual not following appropriate policies or behaviors will be asked to leave the facility.
- Campus Recreation staff reserve the right to interpret our regulations to best serve the needs of patrons.
- Adults must participate with or directly supervise all children under the age of 16 at all times. A profile photo on the Student Recreation Center card will designate cards for children 15 and under. Youth 16 years of age or older may access the facility without adult supervision.
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older to use the weight and fitness rooms.
- Members who are 13-15 years of age must be observed (i.e. in the same room) by another member who is at least 16 years of age or older.
- Non-members who are 13-15 years of age must be in direct contact with their sponsor throughout their time in the SRC.
- Anyone who is 13 years of age or younger is not allowed in the weight and fitness room.
- Adult supervision is required on the climbing wall at all times for children under 16 years of age.
- Children 13 years and younger are not permitted to use the hot tub.
Racquetball and Squash Court Rules
Racquetball and squash court reservations can be made one day in advance beginning at 6 a.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m. on Saturdays, and 10 a.m. on Sundays (Saturday/Sunday 10 a.m. during “University breaks.”)
- All players must check in at the front service desk before going to a court.
- A waiting list will be established, and courts not claimed will be given away at 10 minutes after the hour.
- Protective eyewear is strongly recommended and should be properly worn.
- Wrist straps should be worn on all racquetball racquets.
- The jogging/walking direction will be rotated daily. Please follow the posted direction.
- The inside lane is for faster joggers; slower walkers/joggers should move to the outside lane.
- Stretching is allowed in designated areas only.
- For safety purposes, no loitering is allowed on the track surface.
- Spikes are not allowed on the track.
- Observation of basketball activity should take place from the lower level. Please do not stop on the jogging/walking track to observe the lower level courts.