WVUGo is the Marketing and Communications Team that helps promote Campus Recreation and Adventure WV. We offer a wide variety of technical positions that are great experiential learning opportunities.
WVUGo Campus Ambassadors engage in outreach with students, faculty and staff to increase awareness and recruitment for active lifestyles, sports and fitness programs at WVU. Campus Ambassadors report directly to the WVUGo Marcom Manager, while working closely with program coordinators and the WVUGo Media Team.
- Collaborate with other reps on campus to create and execute strategic marketing plans for each campaign assigne d.
- Deliver shor t presentations to targeted classes and relevant campus or ganizations.
- Organize information sessions and interactive events · Staff informational tables at various on and off-campus locations and events.
- Hang posters and banners.
- Distribute flyers, table tents and other promotional materials · Provide content – articles, stories, photographs, video etc. – for campus publications.
- Submit events to the campus calendar and institutional partners. · Identify and partner with local shops and eateries for promotions.
- Pitch creative ideas to assist in campus outreach efforts – identifying the types of events most likely to engage students’ imaginations and interests, and strategies to encourage attendance.
- Summarize, report on, and successfully capture efforts (reports, screenshots and pictures)
- Work well independently and in teams
- Be reliable and organized · Have strong analytical and writing skills
- Be connected/involved on campus (student orgs/clubs, Greek life, housing etc.)
- Member/active user of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Portfolio development
- Access to a variety of multi-media production tools
- Direct contributions to result-oriented campaigns
- Experience utilizing a variety of marketing tactics
- Sharpen skills writing marketing proposals and wrap-up reports
- Flexible work hours
WVUGo is seeking a student who is an aspiring graphic designer to support the various campaigns managed by the marketing and communications team for Campus Recreation and Adventure WV. This position is currently occurring remotely. This position entails building marketing materials, including:
- Facility signage
- Digital screen graphics
- Social media graphics
- A variety of other print and digital materials & special projects
Graphic designers work with other WVUGo team members as well as professional staff to develop eye-catching materials that get the WVU community excited about active lifestyles and outdoor adventures. Candidates must have experience with Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop making graphics for both print and digital publication. A passion for visual storytelling, willingness to work as a team, active learning and the ability to go with the flow are all necessary.
WVUGo is seeking a student with a passion for active lifestyles and for working with cameras in still photography and/or videography. The Photographer/Videographer will be responsible for capturing candid and produced media as well as coordinating shoots for all Campus Recreation and Adventure WV programming and departments. Knowledge of DSLRs, basic lighting and composition and photo/video digital workflow are necessary. Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop or industry equivalent (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Avid Media Composer, etc.) is a must. A passion for visual storytelling, willingness to work as a team and the ability to go with the flow all come in handy!
Social Media Content Coordination
Apply to be a Social Media Content Coordinator
Website Content Management
DIYOutdoors Website Content Manager
Adventure WV is currently seeking a student to help build out the DIY Outdoors website through web design and content aggregation. The Web Content Manager will work with the head of the Outdoor Recreation Center to format current and new webpages. They will also seek out and gather content (photos, videos, blog content) for the site by building content submission materials and developing relationships with local adventurers and potential content contributors via email or other methods of correspondence. The ideal candidate will have an interest in web design and a passion for outdoor recreation and community development. Willingness to reach out to and build working relationships with a variety of community members is a must. Experience with HTML/CSS is preferred but not required. The candidate would ideally start during the summer (2021) and work throughout the fall semester (2021) with the opportunity to extend the position throughout the spring semester (2022) as well. This position is also open to Work Study students.
DIY Outdoors is a web-based project developed by the Outdoor Recreation Center at Adventure West Virginia that highlights and provides information about a variety of outdoor recreation resources that are located in West Virginia or in close proximity to West Virginia’s communities. The site features resources for twelve different outdoor activities including hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing and whitewater boating. Explore the site here: https://diyoutdoors.wvu.edu/.
Outdoor Education Center Website Content Manager
Adventure WV is currently seeking a student to manage and maintain the Outdoor Education Center website. Website Content Manager would be responsible for keeping web pages up to date and accurate. They would also be reaching out to units, programmers and the community to gather content. Once gathered, they would be responsible for formatting content and populating new and existing pages. The ideal candidate will have an interest in web design and a passion for outdoor recreation and community development. Willingness to reach out to and build working relationships with a variety of community members is a must. Experience with HTML/CSS is preferred but not required.
WVUGo is seeking a student with an interest in writing and editing and a passion for active lifestyles. This position is currently occurring remotely. The Writer/Editor is responsible for producing and distributing exciting content for campus announcements pertaining to Campus Recreation and Adventure WV. Examples of content would be: social media, web pages, emails, newsletters, etc. This individual will create standard communications such as press releases and one-sheets, while also having the opportunity to pursue more creative ventures such as articles and creative writing projects. As the “voice” of the brand, the writer must ensure that verbiage is clear and concise, copy is free of grammatical errors, information on graphics is up to date and the copy aligns with the overall goals for a project and the brand. Passion for creating written content, willingness to work as a team and the ability to go with the flow all come in handy!
Website Content Manager/Admin
I have learned so many different skills in a small amount of time working here. I have gotten the chance to learn technical skills that I would not necessarily be able to learn so easily otherwise.