Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of facility access by swiping cards
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment through regular detailing and inspection
- Monitor fitness floors to ensure safety through consistent oversight and walkthroughs
- Provide spotting for patrons on an as-needed basis
- Represent the Department of Campus Recreation in a professional manner at all times
- Provide a safe, fun and clean atmosphere for all members and guests in the facility
- Establish and maintain a welcoming environment for all members and guests in the facility
- Provide exemplary customer service to all members and guests
- Enforce and execute all policies and procedures set forth by the Department
- Respond as needed to emergency situations and follow the Emergency Action Plan
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, train and oversee a diverse student staff.
- Develop and manage the production and promotion of all programs, clubs, facilities and services for Student Wellness services.
- Oversee graphic design projects such as posters, schedules, digital ads, and apparel designs.
- Assist with the development of marketing videos and video advertisements.
- Serve as department marketing liaison to student stakeholders (i.e. - registered student organizations, the student newspaper, Greek Life, etc.)
- Support and promote Student Wellness services by soliciting new members, new sponsorship opportunities and corporate partnerships.
- Contribute to the creation, promotion and execution of all Student Wellness special events.
- Administer the department’s social media accounts.
- Contribute to website reviews and updates.
- Provide photography and video support when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in GA Committee
Criteria for Success:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to receive feedback from colleagues to ensure well-rounded promotional materials.
- Ability to work closely with fellow team members as well as Student Union Event Services staff members.
- Demonstrates strong inter-personal and communication skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple tasks and priorities and make an informed decision independently.
- Reliability and flexibility related to work schedule.
- Ability to display a positive attitude for all patrons and SW staff.
- Positively promotes WVU and SW to peers and patrons and takes initiative to be involved throughout campus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Graphic Design, Physical Education, Recreation or related field required.
- Experience using Adobe software, task management apps, familiarity using a variety of social media websites, and video editing.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Minimum GPA requirements: Semester GPA: 3.0 Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Experience with staff recruitment and training.
- Experience with team leadership and management.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience working within a campus recreational/wellness setting and direct management of student employees.
- Strong writing skills and familiarity with AP formatting and style editing.
- Contribute to the execution of programming and membership marketing tactics, customer retention initiatives and all special events.
- Ability to promote our vision through the creation and distribution of diverse marketing materials.
- Develop a working relationship with SW professional staff and support special event staff assigned to work events.
- Must act and represent SW in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintain a professional standard of performance on daily tasks.
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings for all areas necessary.
- Communicate clear and concise information as needed to patrons and guests.
- Adhere to all SW guidelines and non-negotiables.
- Project Management
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Sales Experience
- Professional Portfolio Collaboration with Internal/External Customers
- Enhancement Communication Skills (verbal, written, and visual)
Term of Appointment
- May 1, or August 1, 2022 - August, 2023
- Minimum Hours: 20 hours/week, including nights and weekends.